Turn Binary Data to Text and back
The code I'm presenting here demonstrates the following conversions:
- ASCIIHex: Convert a CString of binary data to Hex and back.
- Base32: The simplest code for binary - text conversion. Four binary Bytes are turned into seven text Bytes.
- Base64: Four binary Bytes are turned into seven text Bytes.
- MIME: Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions: Pulling the encoding methods together.
- QuotedPrintable: Used for emails. Intended for data which is nearly all already text.
- URL: URL encoding is used by web browsers which UTF-8 encode certain characters.
- UU: Unix-to-Unix encoding keeps data out of the two most significant bits of each Byte. Three binary Bytes are turned into four encoded Bytes.